Phone Services and Rates
Custom Calling Features
|Automatic Call Back||*66|
|Anonymous Call Rejection||*77|
|Call Waiting/Cancel Call Waiting||*70|
|Call Waiting/Caller ID|
|Long Speed Calling|
|Selective Call Acceptance||*64|
|Selective Call Forwarding||*63|
|Selective Call Rejection||*60|
|Short Speed Calling|
|Three Way Calling|
|High Speed Internet|
Glasford Telephone Company’s coverage area extends outward from the towns of Glasford and Kingston Mines.
300 Minutes Free – After that 2 cents a minute to these prefixes
Telephone Services Information
Local Line Service Rates
Our local line rate charge is $20.50 per month regardless if it is a residential or business line.
Applications for New Service, Moves, or Discontinues of Service
- Application for new telephone service, may be made in person at our business office, five days in advance of installation.
If you wish telephone service disconnected or instruments moved from one location to another location or address, our business office should be notified by telephone or letter five days in advance of installation.
- After a telephone has been placed at a location designated by the customer, the customer agrees not to move, alter or molest the instrument, wiring, protector or any telephone equipment on the premises.
Payment of Bills
- All bills are due and payable at the business office on or before the 20th of each month. A penalty is added to all unpaid bills. Accounts unpaid after the final date authorized by Glasford Telephone Company’s established tariff are overdue and service is subject to suspension. A charge is made for reconnection when service has been suspended for non-payment.
- Information about bills, payments or other matters concerning accounts may be obtained at our business office.
- Should there be an error in toll charges, please contact our business office for adjustment. Customers should not make any adjustments on telephone bill without consulting with the business office.
Establishment of Credit
- Glasford Telephone Company may require a customer to establish and maintain credit by furnishing references or by making a cash deposit. Increases in cash deposits may be required if the charges billed warrant the increase.
Use of Residence Telephones for Business Purposes
- Residence telephones are installed with the understanding that they will be used for normal social or domestic purposes.
- A residence telephone will be changed to business service if used primarily or substantially for business purposes, or if the residence telephone number is advertised in connection with the sale of products or services and the subscriber has no business service elsewhere within our system.
- Customers wishing to connect their own equipment to Glasford Telephone Company services should contact their equipment suppliers to determine if their equipment qualifies for connections. The supplier should also provide the information which must be given to Glasford Telephone Company to arrange for connection.
- Customers may connect equipment not provided by Glasford Telephone Company to the company’s services under certain conditions specified by the FCC.
- These conditions require that the connection be made through Glasford Telephone Company provided jacks or other connecting arrangements, and that customers notify the Company of their intent to make the connection.
- Glasford Telephone Company does not repair customer-provided equipment. The customer will be billed a service charge for each repair visit made by the Company if the Company determines that the service difficulty resulted from the use of customer provided equipment.
Illinois restricted Call Registry
- Federal law protects residents from certain unwanted telemarketing calls. For more information about the Do Not Call Registry and how to enroll, visit the web site at https://www.donotcall.gov/.
- Glasford Telephone Company assumes no liability whatever for damages arising from error or omission in the making up or printing of this directory. The utmost care is used, however, in listing all customers correctly.
Financial Assistance Available
- Lifeline and Link-Up programs are Federal and State funded programs that assist with the cost of basic phone service for eligible low-income households. Under Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and Illinois Commerce Commission (ICC) guidelines, Glasford Telephone Company administers these special Lifeline and Link-Up services. More information here.
- Lifeline service assistance provides eligible customers a monthly credit of $9.25 per month.
- Link-Up provides financial assistance for those who meet eligibility requirements with a one-time credit toward the cost of installing single-line residential telephone service.
- Eligibility Requirements: To qualify for assistance, households must participate in one of the following programs: Federal housing Assistance Program, Food Stamps, Low-Income home energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), Medicaid, or Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
Extended Area Service to Peoria
- You can call most Peoria numbers toll-free for the first 300 minutes of use per month. Minutes of use in excess of 300 minutes to these numbers will be billed at 2 cents per minute. No cellular numbers are included in the toll-free minutes.
Harassing and Obscene Calls Warning
- Illinois law defines harassment by telephone as the use of telephone communication for any of the following purposes:
- Making any lewd or indecent comment or request with intent to offend;
- making one or repeated telephone calls (whether or not conversation occurs) with intent to abuse, threaten or harass;
- Knowingly allowing any telephone under one’s control to be used for any of the above.
- Such harassment is punishable by up to six months in prison and $500 in fines.
Buried Cable Information
What is JULIE?
JULIE is a not-for-profit corporation that helps homeowners and excavators find buried utility facilities with one toll-free number:
When to Call JULIE
Whether you’re planting trees, installing a fence or deck, pulling up a basketball hoop, or a swing set for the kids, Illinois law requires all homeowners to call JULIE before digging.
Illinois law requires any persons digging to call JULIE 48 hours in advance allowing the utility companies time to mark their buried facilities. The 48-hour notice does not include Saturdays, Sundays, or holidays. If you dig before the 48 hours has passed, you may assume additional liability.
Glasford Telephone Company Eligible Telecommunications Carrier Services
Glasford Telephone Company proudly offers services and functionalities designed to exceed the Federal Communication Commission’s (FCC) requirements as stated in C.F.R. § 54.101, including
- Single party service, including local usage
- Access to interexchange service through the public switched network
- Dual tone multi-frequency signaling
- Access to emergency services
- Access to operator services and directory assistance services
- Toll limitation for qualifying low-income consumers
The current rates and charges for the above-listed services and functionalities can be found in the tariff on file at the appropriate governing agency and are subject to change upon proper notice. The company also maintains the information with its customer information. (See National Exchange Carrier Association (NECA) Tariff Number 5 on file with the FCC and customer information available in the company business office.)
Instructions on Operating Your Phone
- Remove handset and listen. If line is not in use, you should hear a DIAL TONE – a continuous tone. DO NOT DIAL until dial tone is heard. Then dial the directory number.